Friday, February 4, 2011

Memoirs of a Geisha

I watched the movie for the first time last night. It was beautiful. I'm currently hunting down the book to read it.
Here's my favorite quotes from the movie:


~ At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss", carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read "Loss"... Only feel it.~ Sayuri

~ The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves... Until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.~ Sayuri

~ I never seek to defeat the man I am fighting, I seek to defeat his confidence. A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory. Two men are equalsótrue equalsóonly when they both have equal confidence.~ Nobo

~ I want a life that is mine!~ Sayuri

No comments:

Post a Comment