Tuesday, May 3, 2011

On Forgiving!

I will never be able to forget the pain of being hurt by the people who were close to me but at the same time I can proudly say that I have moved on. I have forgiven them, not because I still care about them but because I love myself. I love myself far too much to let the same incident hurt me again and again.
Having said that, I also fear that I might end up building walls around me and not trusting anyone for the fear of getting hurt. I know I do that quite often and wonder if I’m doing the right thing. Where do you draw the line between maintaing your dignity and not being a cold, self-centered person?
Yes, I believe everyone deserves a second chance but I don’t think I can give the same person another chance to hurt me. I would never go out and seek revenge (I leave that to Karma) but I would never ever want things to go back to how they used to be. I don’t hold grudges and let it affect my life but I don’t forget either!

No comments:

Post a Comment